Connecting to Country - School Workshop
- Duration : 2 Hours (approx.)
- Product code : School
for thousands of years. The workshops are adapted to suit specific ages and curriculum outcomes (Primary and Secondary) and we provide interactive cultural resources to complement our sound knowledge.Connection to Country workshops align with National and NSW Curriculum objectives in learning about Aboriginal culture and heritage across subject areas including History, Geography, Aboriginal language and Aboriginal Studies.
Workshops can be delivered in both indoor and outdoor environments.Please note Workshop 1 and Workshop 2 are separate workshops that each run for 2 hours. Please indicate which workshop you would like upon booking, or NNCA can facilitate and deliver both workshops in 1 day (depending on availability).
- Who are the Yuin people?
- History of the Yuin people
- Looking at Yuin country and traditions
- Traditional artefacts – Ochre, Fire sticks
- Yidaki (Didgeridoo) story
- Group Activity - Your traditional story - art, song, dance or play.
- Traditional dance - Ngaran Ngaran (Lyrebird)
- Being one with country (we delve into how to be one with country)
- The elements
- Creation Story - Short Film
- Traditional dance - Umbarra (Black Duck)
- Art/traditional craft
* Traditional string making (Secondary)
* Artwork - My family and connection (Primary)
Please note: All bookings are subject to availability and a minimum group size of 15 is required.
NNCA has Public Liability and Product Insurance and our team all hold current Working With Children Checks.